Small class tonight so I worked with Colby one-on-one.
we reviewed roundhouse kicks, side kicks, shin kicks, front kicks, and knee kicks.
Then we progressed onto reviewing takedowns. we reviewed the ankle-knee takedown and then did two more than were new to Colby: step on foot push shoulder and a standing crab (takedown to the rear). He picked up on all of these takedowns very quickly.
we then worked these takedowns into the hold escapes: 2 hands on throat and bearhugs from the rear.
I also ordered some books: Mastering Jiu Jitsu and Modern Judo: The Complete Ju-Jutsu Library
They should be here by the end of the month and I'm really looking forward to reading them.
we reviewed roundhouse kicks, side kicks, shin kicks, front kicks, and knee kicks.
Then we progressed onto reviewing takedowns. we reviewed the ankle-knee takedown and then did two more than were new to Colby: step on foot push shoulder and a standing crab (takedown to the rear). He picked up on all of these takedowns very quickly.
we then worked these takedowns into the hold escapes: 2 hands on throat and bearhugs from the rear.
I also ordered some books: Mastering Jiu Jitsu and Modern Judo: The Complete Ju-Jutsu Library
They should be here by the end of the month and I'm really looking forward to reading them.
Comments (0)
Post a Comment