Tonight's class was good. it was kind of obvious that summer is coming and people just aren't in the mood to train.
we worked on tai otoshi tonight. A few different ways to enter into it and to execute it.
Overall it was good, but I am a bit frustrated with myself because i don't have the speed to be able to pull off any techniques during randori. Before I even finish my attack in tachi waza i am already being countered and thrown. Plus I feel as though i don't have an overall strategy; i want to practice foot sweeps, but I can never seem to get uke into the proper position for any foot sweep.. it's almost as if I am too far away to be able to get an effective sweep. Same thing with ko uchi gari and o uchi gari. I gues it's just practice practice practice. That and I have 2 massive blisters on the balls of my feet from practice tonight. I am not amused. That taping course that I took last year is starting to pay off in droves.
we worked on tai otoshi tonight. A few different ways to enter into it and to execute it.
Overall it was good, but I am a bit frustrated with myself because i don't have the speed to be able to pull off any techniques during randori. Before I even finish my attack in tachi waza i am already being countered and thrown. Plus I feel as though i don't have an overall strategy; i want to practice foot sweeps, but I can never seem to get uke into the proper position for any foot sweep.. it's almost as if I am too far away to be able to get an effective sweep. Same thing with ko uchi gari and o uchi gari. I gues it's just practice practice practice. That and I have 2 massive blisters on the balls of my feet from practice tonight. I am not amused. That taping course that I took last year is starting to pay off in droves.
Comments (0)
Post a Comment