7:54 AM

Some new books

I found a series of books not too long ago published by the United States Judo Association. They are the USJA Coach Education Program (Levels 1, 2, and 3)

I finally ordered them a few weeks ago and just received them yesterday. I took a quick look through them last night and was quite impressed: how to structure a practice, different drills/games for warmups, etc. It seems like this is quite similar to the NCCP Levels 1, 2, and 3, but with an emphasis on martial arts. They author even states in the introduction that even though the book is published by the USJA, it is not only for judo; jiu jitsu, aikido, karate - all martial arts styles can benefit from these manuals. Even though I am not teaching anymore, I am looking forward to reading these books to improve my own game and to get the most out of my training sessions.

Comments (0)