10:34 PM
class would have been great had I been into it. i just felt a bit off and as a result class was only ok. Worked on some more combos: ko ouchi gari, o ouchi gari, o soto gari or uchi mata.

My o soto gari is coming along well. my form is getting better in uchi komi, but it's still an issue to be able to execute it on a resisting opponent in randori.

the trick for the transition to uchi mata is after you finish o ouchi gari to pull uke forward right before he has a chance to place his leg back on the ground behind him.

I did one round of ne waza and was able to use sankaku jime that we learned last week with some success. I was also able to sink in an okuri eri jime. I have found that a trick to make this choke more effective: make sure you're up high on uke - higher than you would be for a rear naked choke. ideally you'd want uke's neck to be around your elbows so you still retain good strength and leverage in your arms to apply the choke. This also allows you to look over uke's shoulder and see what uke is doing to defend against your okuri eri jime.

Comments (0)