10:18 PM
We had two people drop by (unannounced) to try the class out.

I took the new people, Dan and Beth, while Sensei Mariedke took the rest of the adults and juniors.

After chatting for a bit, I started going through breakfalls with them: 1, 2, 3, and 7 and explaining why we do breakfalls.

After that I went over defensive stance, moving in defensive stance, and some basic open hand strikes.

Then I moved onto some wrist grabs. I went over the commonality of technique philosophy and the 3-minute rule. After that, I showed them some bear hug escapes and worked in two takedowns: ankle-knee and step on foot, push shoulder. After we finished that, I had them go back and review the wrist escapes and they were able to perform them with little-to-no prompting from me.

I spent some time chatting and answering their questions about jiu jitsu, the club, what we do, etc. They had a chance to watch Trevor and Colby on the other mat so they could get a glimpse of some of the other stuff that we do.

I hope we see them again next week.

Comments (0)